Raccoons are the most divisive animal pests that can invade your property. They might look pitiful and cute, but they pose a threat to your property and well-being. Since they are a potential rabies carrier, they are a direct danger to you and your family. Raccoons cause so much destruction to property and human life that we can never stress enough how troublesome these little critters are.
The best and most effective way you could do for raccoon removal Mississauga troublesome critters is by contacting your local pest control company. Pest control companies are licensed to get rid of troublesome wildlife; they also have qualified and experienced staff who can help solve your problem. While contracting a wildlife removal company to solve your raccoon problem is not cheap, it’s guaranteed.
However, if you feel you are up for the task, and you could get rid of the raccoons by yourself without harming them, there are several methods you could include in your plan. It’s important to note, getting rid of raccoons isn’t easy, and in most cases, you might require a mix of methods to get rid of them completely. There are several methods you could use to deter raccoons without harming them including trapping and using natural homemade deterrents.
Does Cayenne pepper spray work?
Raccoons are known as chicken predators, and they are also known to destroy vegetables in the garden. An invasion by these little critters is enough to turn your life into hell. Luckily for you, cayenne pepper is a natural deterrent that helps get rid of a host of pests and critters. Raccoons hate the smell of cayenne, making it one of the best natural raccoon deterrents you can use at home.
Making raccoon cayenne natural deterrent
Since cayenne is a known natural deterrent, you could make your natural raccoon repellent spray at home. The following are the thing you will need.
Things you will need:
- Onebottle of hot sauce
- 1 gallon of water
- A small canister of cayenne pepper
- Mix 1 gallon of water, one bottle of hot sauce and one small canister of cayenne pepper
- Pour the solution into a spray can and shake to ensure the contents mix properly
- Spray the solution in the garden and areas where the raccoons frequent the most since this repellent is not weatherproof you might need to repeat this process after it rains.
More tips to help get rid of raccoons
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure. Raccoons did not invade your property by chance; something attracted them to your home. The following are effective ways you could discourage raccoons from invading your property.
- Ensure that your yard is clean and free from litter
- Avoid leaving pet food outside at night
- Ensure your garbage cans have lids that can be secured with bungee cords
- Regularly clean your property and structures
- Lookout for potential entry points and ensure they are sealed.
Cayenne pepper works well in deterring a variety of pests and animals, but it will not stop them from coming back. The best way to get rid of raccoons is by contacting your local pest removal service. Their services and guaranteed to keep raccoons away for good. Contact us today; we can help you get rid of your raccoon problem.